The Pentax PF-80ED-A 70950 is the first spotting scope introduced by Pentax with an angled eyepiece (Pentax 80mm PF-80ED Straight Spotting Scopes are also available). The Pentax PF-80ED-A Spotting Scope features a 45 degree angled eyepiece for comfortable viewing in many situations. Pentax PF-80EDA Spotting Scopes are housed in a lightweight magnesium-allow body and features time-proven porro-prism optics incorporating ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements to produce sharp, clear images with minimal chromatic aberration. Pentax PF-80mm ED-A Spotting Scopes also utilize Pentax Telescope Eyepieces for their sharpness, field of view, contrast and freedom from aberration. Used together, and you have a world class-viewing instrument.
For detailed Pentax information see this Pentax Spotting Scope PF-80ED-A 70950 specifications document (in PDF format)
Pentax Spotting Scope PF-80ED-A Features:
- Pentax PF-80ED-A Spottingscope is housed in an exceptionally lightweight magnesium-alloy body.
- Pentax PF-80mm ED-A Spottingscopes incorporate Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements for optimum optical resolution.
- Large 80mm objective lenses for bright viewing under all light conditions.
- The body of the Pentax PF 80mm ED Angled Spotting Scope incorporates the American standard 1 1/4-inch (31.7mm) - diameter eyepiece receptacle, which accepts Pentax XL eyepieces.
- The receptacle has a special "O" ring assembly, which allows the body of the scope to be filled with nitrogen, making it fog proof and JIS Class 6 waterproof.
- A built-in lens shade cuts excessive light and helps to prevent rain and other weather elements from interfering with viewing.
- An extra wide focusing knob is incorporated for effortless focusing.
- A tripod socket with a click-stop rotation mechanism is available to allow for different viewing angle options.
- Famous Pentax Super-Multi-Coating maximizes light transmission, clarity and contrast.
- An extendable eyecup on the XL eyepieces allows variable adjustment for up to a full 20mm of eye relief, allowing those wearing eyeglasses the same view as non-eyeglass wearers.
- Equipped with a durable rubber housing to protect against shock and damage.
- Lanthanum Crown (rare earth) glass elements.
- Pentax PF80EDA spotting scope comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Pentax PF 80 mm ED-A spotting scope accepts Optional Pentax XL Telescope Eyepieces: XL28 (22.5X), XL21 (30X), XL14 (45X), XL10.5 (60X), XL7 (90X) and the Zoom Eyepiece (20X-60X).
- Pentax PF80mm ED-A spotting scope works great with most of the high end tripods we offer in our online store!
Specifications for Pentax PF-80ED-A Spotting Scopes Angled ED Glass 80 mm Body:
||Porro-prism 45? angle type
||19' - infinity (5.8m - infinity)
||56.4 oz. (1,600g)
||16.3" x 5.3" x 3.9" (415mm x 135mm x 100mm)
||1m depth of water, nitrogen filled, JIS Class 6
||Objective lens cap, eyepiece ring cap, case